Join CEO + Founder of Forethought Planning Shannon Foreman as she hosts “Money on Your Mind” a weekly social series answering your financial questions. That late night scrolling and shopping is something that is a common problem for many! On today’s Money on Your Mind I am answering that very question … How can I stop the late night shopping?
1. Don’t sleep with your phone or electronics in your room (remove the temptation)
2. STOP auto fill (it’s too easy to spend)
3. Put something in your cart for 24-48 hours before completing your purchase (think about if you really want / need it)
4. Categorize spending (need vs want vs reward)
5. Remember money doesn’t solve personal life problems, the thing you buy won’t replace the problem
6. Transfer what you were going to spend and put into a saving account
Disclaimer: We will not be delivering direct advice to your financial situations. These segments will be made available as educational resources for you to take back to your personal board of directors – financial planner/advisor, accountant/tax preparer, and/or attorney.